Colors play a crucial role in architecture and interior design as they can create a mood, convey a message, and enhance the overall aesthetics of a space. They can be used to create contrast, highlight specific features, and add depth to a design.
The use of color can also help in creating a specific ambiance or atmosphere, or to create an energetic and vibrant environment. Additionally, the use of color can influence human behavior and well-being, making it an essential aspect of design.
Therefore, the WADE Best Use Of Color Award in architecture/interior design recognizes the importance of colors in design and rewards innovative and creative use of color in projects.
To be eligible for this award category, please follow the below guidelines:
- Applicants can submit only one completed project.
- The project must be submitted in a single A3 size paper (300 dpi, PDF format, clear at 100% viewing in photoshop) with brief information and a suitable headline with the project category properly mentioned on top. Use only one A3 sheet.
- Applicants need to mention why they think their project deserves “BEST USE OF COLOR” Award with proper explanation what was the motive of using the color, how the client has benefited, etc. Keep it brief and precise. Supporting images should be put in the same sheet with Image captions and drawings
- Do not mention your name, firm name, address, or any other details in the A3 sheets. A code will be allotted after the submission procedure is completed.
- By submitting the projects for the competition, you declare that these are your original work or you have made the maximum contribution to accomplishing the project.
- Projects that have already won a WADE award should not be submitted again for the competition.
- Applicant have to submit ‘Declaration Letter’ under the following 2 circumstances:
I. Declaration letter from the Principal of the firm: Professional working for a firm, submit a ‘Declaration Letter’in the firm’s letter head duly attested by the principal of the firm with following content duly signed & stamped.
“No objection letter”, “I/we, principal/ owner of the firm ______________have no objection regarding the submission of ___________________project by Ms. _________________ where she has played the role of ________________.”
II. Declaration letter from Partner(s) of the firm: Professional working in a partnership firm, submit a ‘Declaration Letter’in the firm’s letter head duly attested by the partner(s) of the firm with following content duly signed & stamped:
“No objection letter”, “I/we, partner(s) of the firm __________________have no objection regarding the submission of _________________ project by Ms. ______________ where she has played the role of _______________.”