By : wadeindia | 15 Mar 2017 | WADe Projects
Residence for Chitkara
The house can be called in one word oppulant house. The main consideration was to have a filmy house and that as a designer I have fulfilled it.
-My goals were to create a design that was functional, for a particular purpose. I kept in mind psychological as well as physiological need of the occupant.
Economic factor involved in project were well considered. -I created an environment that is aesthetically planned pleasing and beautiful.
-Most important it has intrinsic value of character and individually.
The interior blends with basic shapes used beautifully to enhance overall architecture. The criteria was to have massiveness of space which is handled very well as one enters one feels the massiveness of space and its functional aspect.
- Architecture features on exterior of the house are main door which is carefully designed and is focal point of façade with bay windows on either sides.
- Rythm of plan is an intangible component to some people it suggest following quality but in my interior it is assisting the eye in moving easily from one area to another, with dominant component as staircase and designer floor and ceiling. The focal point or Brahm sthan has beautiful pattern in granite and it is kept empty without any weight and is seen from all the rooms
- Colour used are light in central but vibrant in rooms. Enhancing beauty of each room. Each room has unity and variety. Exterior and interior are attractive and there is pleasant relationship and all the colours. Shapes are used in harmony with each other.
- Principal source of natural light is Sun. challenge for designer is to control natural light within a living space & to contribute to the occupants comfort and aesthetic enjoyment. Natural light changes from morning to evening. Skylight at IInd floor are provided to enhance the beauty and let occupant enjoy all the moods of climate.
- Materials used are simple in response to an increasing requirement to address caring for the environment as a designer I understand the embodied energy and life cycle costs of material. As architects we are faced with a plethora of material alternative when designing a new or refurbishing building so all local material are used here. Wood used in all M.P teak polished in natural colour.
5,284 total views, 6 views today
About WADE Asia Conference & Awards
WADE ASIA is one of the most prestigious national conferences on Architecture, Design, Art and Engineering and the largest platform for women in design in Asia.
The 5th celebration of WADE ASIA's annual event will take place on the 09-10-11/ October/ 2020 at the NSIC Grounds, New Delhi with participation from INDIA and SOUTH EAST ASIA.
It happens concurrently with MATECIA Building Material Exhibition and IIR Conference & Awards. If you are working for the built environment or building material industry, you should NOT MISS attending WADE ASIA.
WADE has created a World Record in 2018 for the Largest W shape created on ground by all women, awarded by ASIA BOOK OF RECORDS.